The Central Library is the “heart” of the learning Community and caters to the need of around 3000+ students studying in 3 different streams and having a collection ranging to around 21 subjects. Besides catering to the academic needs of students and faculty members of the College, the library also has a profound collection of reference sources such as Encyclopaedias (General subjects), Dictionaries, Almanacs, Yearbooks, Census Reports, Books in Prints, Bibliographies, Biographical Sources, handbooks, manuals and current sources, North East Collections & E-Resources. An Integrated Library Management System - KOHA was used for all library in-house operations. A Digital library was also developed to provide a digital platform to manage, preserve and disseminate the rich in-house collection of the intellectual outputs of the academic community. The learning space is accommodated in a Wi-Fi enabled building and provides an excellent ambience for learning environment.
Vision : As the learning hub of the College the Library serves as the center for the pursuit of knowledge. The Library strives to facilitate and inspire students and faculty to acquire, create and share knowledge.
Mission: The Library actively supports the college’s mission by providing integrated and timely access to high quality scholarly resources, an inspiring environment for intellectual growth and discovery, with responsive and outreaching services delivered by knowledgeable and innovative staff. It commits to empower the College fraternity with deep expertise essential to academic excellence, knowledge advancement and life-long learning.
i. User Experience: Proactively engage with users and staff to improve services continuously.
ii. Teaching, Learning, &Research: Strengthen current and emerging teaching, learning, and research practices at the College through new services and expertise.
iii. Engagement and Partnerships: Enhance collaboration with stakeholders of the College and other institutions to determine and implement highly-effective and efficient solutions to accomplish the goals.
MONDAY TO FRIDAY : 08:00 A.M. – 06:00 P.M.
SATURDAY : 08:00 A.M. – 04:00 P.M.
SUNDAY : Closed
MONDAY TO FRIDAY : 09:00 A.M. – 03:00 P.M SATURDAY : 09:00 A.M. – 02:00 P.M
SUNDAY : Closed
Books (Text books, reference, gifted) 38,055
Indian Journals 23
Foreign Journals 09
Back Volumes of Journals 3500
Govt. Publications + Conference Proceedings 201
1) Silence is to be maintained inside and outside (verandah) the library (Meetings, Group Discussions, Chatting etc are not allowed inside the Library).
2) Using of Mobile phones inside the library is strictly prohibited to all users, Laptops, Tablets and other Electronic gadgets are allowed with prior permission from the Librarian.
3) Before entering the library, all library users are to write down their names in the register kept at the entrance.
4) Bags and personal belongings are to be kept in the rack near the counter, except valuables such as wallets and Mobile phones (off mode). The Library authority will not be held responsible for any theft or loss of personal belongings.
5) Students are to produce their ID card at the time of entering the Library and also when applying for a Library card.
6) Personal or Library books are not allowed to be brought in or taken out of the Library without permission.
7) Books and Journals are to be kept back in the same shelves after use.
8) Books may be borrowed for a duration of 14 days and renew again, failing which a fine of Rs. 5/- will be charged per day.
9) Cleanliness is to be maintained inside the Library. Bringing in of any eatables items, including having tea is strictly prohibited to all library users (except for Library Staff).
10) High Resolution CCTV Cameras are installed inside and outside the Library to monitor activities. Any unwelcome behavior shall be sternly dealt with.
11) Non - Members may be allowed to use the Library with prior permission from the Principal in black and white.